What kind of help do you need?
Need Urgent Help or Support?
If you are distressed or experiencing feelings of despair – help is available. It might be difficult to reach out if you’re feeling alone – so we’d like to highlight several support options that are available to you:
· If you are in mild distress, can you reach out to a friend or family member for a supportive conversation?
· If you or another person are in immediate danger, contact 911 (if you are off-campus) or Campus Security at 626-395-5000 (on-campus).
- For Students: If you are having thoughts of suicide, please call Counseling Services at 626-395-8331. After regular business hours, please press “2” during the recorded message and you will be transferred to an after-hours clinician.
- For Staff: If you are having thoughts of suicide, please call the Staff and Faculty Consultation Center at 626-395-8360. If you need assistance when the office is closed, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
· The Crisis TEXT Line provides confidential text support 24 hours a day by texting HOME to 741741
· The Trevor Project offers confidential support for LGBTQ youth by phone, text, and chat, 24 hours a day. Tel: 1-866-488-7386